Saturday, January 3, 2009

The last days of Christmas break...

We're down to one more day of Christmas vacation. My goal was to get a lot done today, but we didn't really. Around noon, we took the boys to the pool at the new YMCA in New Albany. It's really nice, but I still prefer the comfort of the Jeffersonville Y that I'm used to. The upshot of our trip was that I realized an advantage of being mostly pregnant during the winter - it was the first (and hopefully last) time I'll put on the maternity bathing suit. And no, I didn't take pictures of me.



After the pool, lunch and naps, we sent the boys downstairs to play while we (well, Tony) hung blinds and watched IU play. They are at a point where they either fight like cats and dogs or play together beautifully. This afternoon, I got lucky and they were getting along. When I was cleaning out the old family room closet for the nursery, I came across the lanterns that Aunt Connie and Uncle Gary sent them after the windstorm this fall. The boys took them to the basement and proceeded to play "campout" in the dark.
Tony also got the daybed put together in the nursery, so all the set-up is officially finished. I just need a lamp, rug and some things hung on the walls but overall we're ready for baby Sophia. The daybed was mine when I was growing up and it's not in super shape, but it looks so pretty with the pink walls and white crib!
Although it's hard to see below, there's a picture of the crib medal Tony and I bought in Italy last fall. I wasn't pregnant at the time, but we knew we wanted more children and I was feeling optimistic at the time, so I bought pink. It was also blessed by the Pope and traveled to all four major basillicas in Rome. Although I figured I could always change the ribbon to blue, I have to admit that everywhere we stopped and prayed (and we did a lot of it!) a baby girl was on the list of intentions.We'll be very busy again starting Monday - Tae Kwon Do, basketball, my classes at UofL, on top of school and work. And of course, the countdown to baby Sophie is on - technically we have five weeks, but we're expecting to induce a little early. I'll let everyone know when we have a date for sure, but there's always the off-chance she might come early on her own (I'm thinking tomorrow would be nice, but I've been saying that since last month). Happy New Year!

No comments: