Monday, September 22, 2008

The Last Weekend of Summer

This weekend was the last official weekend of summer. I can't say I'm too distraught, because fall is my favorite season. Here's how we spent our last summer Saturday:
The boys had their first round of testing for Tae Kwon Do. Assuming all went well, they should receive their yellow belts at the awards ceremony on Thursday evening. We were very proud of them!
Saturday afternoon, our church's Men's Club hosted their annual pig roast at a parishoner's farm. It's always a lot of fun. Tony and Dad went out early to shoot a little bit and help get the meat ready. Mom and I and the boys met them out there in time for Mass. After Mass, it was time to eat! Here's Aidan with the pig's head:
When dinner was over, the kids had hayrides and generally just ran around. There was also a fireworks show at dark:

Some families stayed to camp. Maybe next year!

No comments: