Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and two visits to Santa

I can hardly believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone. Last year this time, I had my tree up and Tony and I were packing to leave for Italy. This year, I have an almost-finished house addition, but no place to put my Christmas decorations. My living and dining rooms are both disaster areas, being used as holding tanks for extra furniture. I'm just *slightly* stressed over this situation. Tony, as always, remains unflappable and assures me it will be finished soon. It's been an eventful and not always pleasant year, but we still have so much to be thankful for. Here's a partial list:
  • We are thankful for our friends. On Wednesday night, we had a wonderful time at The Pub visiting Diana, who was in town for Thanksgiving. We also got to see David, Toby, and Elizabeth - friends we end up neglecting with everything else we have to do. Tony has also been able to meet up with Fr. Paul, who is in town for the holiday as well.
  • We are thankful for our families. I am especially grateful that our families did most of the cooking on Thanksgiving! The kids all moved too fast for me to take any pictures, but we were glad that Sr. Mary Adolph was able to join us again this year:

  • We are thankful for after Thanksgiving sales! Mom and I were both able to nab new TVs at a great price by going to Meijer before 4:30 Friday morning. The boys went with me and were very patient shoppers. Dad and Tony went to Bass Pro on the hunt for good gun deal.
Today we took the boys to see Santa - twice. This morning, the Providence alumni association hosted a breakfast with crafts and pictures with Santa. It was a great event and the boys had lots of fun.
After eating and playing, we headed out to buy paint for the new room, as well as PINK paint for the nursery. Then we returned to Jeffersonville in time to see Santa arrive at Walnut Ridge by fire truck. Obviously, the big draw for the boys was not seeing Santa again but watching the truck. What a busy weekend we've had!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello to all!!!!
I love sitting and looking through all these pictures and your great updates. I don't know how you find the time to keep it going and with all the photos too. Gary always knows when I am going back through all of the blogs - he said I sit and giggle all the time I am looking/reading everything. Hope all is going good for everyone. The boys are growing so fast. I don't know about the holidays still but we sure would love to be there with everyone. I really appreciate the offer to help out with our visit...and will let your mom know this week what we plan.
I almost forgot - good luck with the interview....what an honor!!!!!
We love you all - kisses to the boys and the little one to be.
Aunt Connie and Uncle Gary.