Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hoosier Girls State

I just spent an amazing 10 days at HGS in Terre Haute with some of my best friends and 646 intelligent and lovely high school juniors. For those of you who don't know, Girls' State is a government-in-action program sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary. I've been going as a staff member to teach government for 11 years now, and it never gets old. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the week. This is Angie and I - we managed to dress alike several times during the week completely by accident.
Here are my eight wonderful city counselors with me during inauguration:
The Loyalty County elected officials:
I had a group of hard workers this year. My county commissioners planned and built a bridge in our stairwell.
Here are some of my best friends in the entire world. You get rather close to people when you spent 10 days, 24 hours a day with them once a year for 11 years. This is right before flag retreat on inauguration day. The only person missing is Meredith!
This picture is of the six county counselors. Melanie (on the end in red) was my new roommate this year. She did a great job in her new role!
The three muskateers...or triple trouble. Julie and I were counselors together our first year...in 1999. Angie came the next year.
Yeah for Clarksville girls!
I am always sad to leave my friends, but I am so glad to be home with Tony and the kiddos. The summer is almost gone...church picnic and then school starts. Wow!

No comments: