Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Belated Christmas!

I've been a very bad blogger! Christmas has been over for almost a week and I'm just getting around to sharing pictures! Our Christmas celebrations are so jammed that I've sort of enjoyed just being offline for awhile. Also, the kids got a Wii for Christmas and Tony and I have spent our evenings with that rather than on the internet. But here's a Christmas recap with lots of pictures.

Christmas eve we have two stops: my mom and dad's and Tony's grandma's. We also attend Midnight Mass. Here are some shots before we left the house:


We loaded into the car and Sophie thought she'd be funny by pulling her hat down and saying "Help! I can't see!"
We had dinner and did presents at Grandma and Papa's:



Then we headed to Tony's Memaw's to celebrate with his side of the family.
Andrew's almost as tall as Memaw!

The great-grandchildren

The grandchildren and spouses (minus one of Tony's cousins)
After lots of good food and presents, we headed to Mass. This year, our church changed their schedule and didn't offer a midnight Mass. We went to church at St. Augustine instead. Then we put the kids to bed and were in bed ourselves by 2:00am.


Christmas morning is so hard after a late night!


Of all the things Santa left, the pack of gum was the biggest hit!

Aidan and his DS
Sophie opening her dollhouse

We had everything opened at were ready to leave by about 9:15. We always have breakfast with Tony's mom and sister on Christmas morning. Sophie was all bundled up because...
...this is what we woke up to on Christmas. Actually, it started late Christmas eve. We were supposed to get much more that what actually came.

Sophie and Memaw


Sophie with Uncle Matt - she loved feeling his whiskers!

Since having kids, we've started our own Christmas tradition. We invite both sides of the family over for soup and company Christmas night. It's wonderful - no more gifts to open, just visiting and eating. This year, Tony made an Italian Christmas soup. It had three cheese tortellini, fresh spinach and tomatoes. Yummy!
Following the Italian theme, I made a bread pudding from panetone, (spelling?) a traditional Italian holiday sweet bread. The recipe was courtesy of Fr. Paul and it is delicious!
Overall, we've had a great Christmas. I hate the thought of returning to our regular hectic schedule next week!

No comments: