Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day!

Early last week, I promised my kiddos that if the weather held we'd go to the zoo on our President's Day holiday. Lucky for us, the today's forecast was fifty and sunny - gorgeous - and the Louisville kids had school. Perfect zoo day!

Meanwhile, we found out that my cousin's kids were staying with my aunt and also off school, so we included them in the plans. Then, last night when I was watching our neighbor's two little ones, she mentioned going as well. So, today we took off to the zoo with NINE kids: two 8-year olds, one seven year old, one six, one five, one four, two 3-year olds, and one two year old. Wow! Four more kids and I would have had as many as I have in my classroom! We had a great time, though, and the kids had a ball. The zoo was totally empty and the kids could run free without fear of disappearing or bothering anyone else. I took as many pictures as I could while we corralled them all.

Sophie and her friend Lina in the wagon

Andrew and the baby giraffes

The whole gang!

Feeding the baby polar bear

Love this - Hannah and Aidan both wanted to help William and he wanted no part of their help!

Here's how you feed an army - lots of lunchables!

William said, "Take my picture!"

The turtle girls
After we'd had our fill of the zoo, we came home and rested a little. Then Andrew decided Sophie needed some batting practice before tee ball starts. She tried, but didn't really care to take directions from big brother.
This evening, we decided to have a movie night before getting ready for school tomorrow.
I'm so glad we're all relatively healthy again. We've enjoyed the much needed long weekend, and the nice weather makes me ready for Spring Break!

No comments: