Saturday was the kick-off for the Kentucky Derby Festival...Thunder Over Louisville! Before we participated in the festivities, I headed to Indy (or Morristown, more specifically) for a Hoosier Girls State meeting. It was a gorgeous day to drive and the views made me glad to be a Hoosier. Good thing, too, because two of the roads I tried to get to Ilene's were shut due to road construction and she brought me in on some country roads - I'm surprised I made it! I left her house early enough to get back before they started shutting roads into Louisville down.
When I got home, Tony had decided he felt well enough to go to the Thunder festivities for awhile. We loaded everyone up and headed down to where the St. Anthony Men's Club has their booth. Behind the booth is a lot that's fenced off just for the workers and families. The boys had a great time watching the planes, the crowd, and playing with their friends.




We left around eight to make sure we got Tony out before the fireworks. I wasn't very keen on the idea of he and his incisions fighting the crowd after the show was over. We went to Zesto for ice cream and then sat in the St. Anthony parking lot to watch the fireworks. The view was still awesome and we were home before traffic got bad.
Today, we slept in and then went to St. Louis Bertrand at 3:00 for the Mass for Divine Mercy Sunday. Andrew slept through part of it, but really seemed to like the procession of the Blessed Sacrament.
No comments:
Post a Comment