Saturday, April 4, 2009

Up, up and away!

We had the busiest Saturday we've had in a long time, but it was a wonderful day! This morning, I weighed in at Weight Watchers and met Mom for coffee and shopping with Sophie. Tony took the boys to TaeKwonDo testing, which they both passed, meaning new belts. We met up to go to the Baby Fair at Clark Memorial Hospital. It was nice, but more geared toward pregnant couples than brand new babies. From there, we headed to Toys R' Us for their Easter Event. After collecting goodies, Tony took Andrew to baseball practice and Aidan, Sophie and I went home for naps and to bake brownies for our meeting this evening. I did have a few minutes to get the Easter stuff out, and Aidan had fun entertaining Sophie with the puppets.

As overscheduled as our day was, I somehow overlooked lunch. Since we were broke, we did the high school dig-for-change thing and decided to head for White Castle. Andrew has been dying to make his first trip there (heaven only knows why!). We had to take some pictures for Aunt Connie and Uncle Gary of the White Castles and Big Red! I wasn't so sure it was a good idea before baseball and going flying, but we got lucky and no one threw up.
The highlight of the day, by far, was going flying with my brother Stephan. He has wanted to take the boys up for awhile, but I said no at first because of their age and then we just couldn't make our schedules mesh. But, today the weather was gorgeous. Stephan and Denise flew the plane to Clark County from Bowman. It worked out well that we arrived first because the boys got to watch for their approach.Don't come any farther, Uncle Stephan!




Look, there he is!
We took turns with the boys, which worked out well. Both of them got their own time in the plane, and they weren't together where they could hit each other or distract Stephan. Plus, both Tony and I had a turn to go up with Stephan as well, which we hadn't done for ages. Tony went with Andrew and I went with Aidan. I was a little worried Andrew might get scared, but it was actually Aidan who asked if it was time to land yet. After flying, the boys stayed with Tony's mom while we took Sophie and went to a Marriage Encounter meeting.

What a busy Saturday we had!

No comments: