Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Part 4 - The Day after Christmas

Two of the Christmas celebrations we used to cram into Christmas day were moved to December 26th this year. My extended family was meeting for brunch at my mom's house. It was perfect, because my cousins Jason and April were in from Michigan and California, respectively. As we were preparing to leave for Mom's, Sophie the elf discovered all the wonderful opened gifts under the tree. She's rather attached to the mouse from Aidan's laptop.Getting together with the Courtney side of the family was fun. My cousin Ann just had a baby around Thanksgiving, and nosy Sophie couldn't get enough of him. Neither could Aidan, for that matter.
Here are all SEVEN great-grandchildren on the Courtney side, ages one month, 11 months, three, four, five and two sixes.
Modeling the Santa hats from Great Aunt Connie and Uncle Gary:
Things got a little crazy with gift-opening after that, so I actually didn't take any more pictures the entire day.
When we left Mom's we ran home and let the kiddos take a brief nap. Then we headed to my father's house, where we had some yummy soup and (more) gifts. The boys were tickled with what they received - a drum set for Andrew and the Contemporary Resort to go with Aidan's monorail. Now that both are assembled in my basement, I'll post some pictures soon.
We have one more celebration to go at the end of this week, and then Christmas will truly be gone for another year. I spent a big part of today putting gifts away - toys in the basement and clothes in closets - and I'm still not finished. I was motivated to get things out of boxes by the garbage man coming tomorrow. Whew, what a week!


No comments: