Friday was the last day of school before Christmas break for Andrew, Aidan, and I. We managed to get everyone to school with their various gifts and goodies. My class made me a beautiful tree skirt that already has a place of honor under my tree. By the end of the day, I was exhausted! However, Tony and I had planned our annual Christmas Open House for Saturday, so there was lots to be done.
Saturday morning, Aidan had his final soccer game for the season. I had pictures of him with his medal, but had trouble getting them uploaded on the blog.
We spent the majority of Saturday cooking and cleaning, with my mom's help. We've had a Christmas Open House every year for eight years, missing only last year because of the construction on the house. Our guest list keeps growing and changing, but I think this was one of our best years yet. I had so much fun that I took pictures of the "spread" before the crowds arrived, but forgot to pick up my camera again.


On Sunday, I spent the day cleaning up the mess. It was well worth it, though, and I have a clean house for Christmas. Sunday evening, I took the kiddos to have dinner with Mom and Dad and some of their friends from out of town. Once I put them in bed, I began wrapping gifts. I'm not quite finished shopping, but I am pretty proud that I won't be doing all of my wrapping after Midnight Mass!
No comments:
Post a Comment