During the National Anthem, the flag was carried around by a vehicle from each type of race they were running that night. Here's Aidan grinning with one of his pink buses in the background.
We arrived at 7:00, and the school bus race was the last race. We watched about five other races until the buses at 10:00. The boys were amazingly well behaved - they sat still and watched the cars, amazed. They picked favorites and cheered for collisions. Aidan also "experienced" the bathroom - and claimed it almost "made him puke" and that he'd "just hold it". I guess so. Me too.
Finally, finally, it was pink bus time. Mrs. Pike's brother had painted ten school buses pink for the occasion, and it was an amazing sight!
Aidan cheered just as loudly as Andrew for crashes, until it came to his pink buses. I actually thought he was going to cry when one tipped over. He came around, though, when two tow trucks picked it up, they ripped off the hanging pieces, and it was good to go. The lady in front of us told him it looked like Mater from Cars, and all was right again.
I have to eat a little crow. I was way biased about the Drome and the people who go. I actually had a fabulous time, and I was cheering as loudly as the boys. The school buses were by far my favorite, but I enjoyed watching the cars, too. The people were nice, everyone was friendly and if you avoid the bathrooms, it is possible to have a lot of fun. (I did notice, however, that the tabacco industry is not losing any money in Clarksville.)
This morning, Aidan had his first soccer game. He did very well. He got to play goalie, and kept the other team from scoring once. He did have a minor meltdown at the end of the game, and I'm not sure why. It could be related to him being sick earlier this week. He said he was ready to play again next week. I know nothing about soccer, and I would have never chosen it for him. However, he has been asking for almost a year now, so I'm glad he may have found his own niche.
I have to include at least one note about the other two kids! Andrew had a baseball game today. His team was undefeated, but they lost their first game today. However, Andrew scored his first ever run in the pee-wee league. He had two great hits. Check out the look on his face as he comes off the field after crosses home plate:
Poor Sophie has a nasty ear infection. We went to the doctor yesterday and are having trouble getting her fever down. If she's not better tomorrow, we may have to go back again. Say some extra prayers!
I am uploading a video from each of the boys' games. I know a couple people had trouble getting the one of Sophie to work before, so make a comment if it's working/not working for you.
Obviously, we learned an important digital camera lesson in Andrew's video. No turning the camera. So, turn your computer instead. Sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment