Friday, September 17, 2010

Belated Grandparent's Day

Last Sunday was Grandparents' Day. I was a terrible daughter, because for the first year in a long time, I totally missed it. So, consider this post a belated Grandparent's Day card from all three Singleton kiddos. We did host an open house at school (and I still missed buying cards - I might be losing it). Here's a picture of Andrew and Grandma on their way to PE class.
And, just because I have a cool scanner, here's my picture from Grandparent Day festivities when I was a first grader. It's my MeMe and Great-Aunt Verna. They went everywhere as a pair, and lived in Salem. It was a pretty big deal that they made it to school for me that year. The place where this picture was taken is right out the doors behind Andrew in the picture above. He's actually standing outside my classroom from first grade. Funny how things come full circle, isn't it?I was blessed to have wonderful, loving grandparents. I'm so glad my children do, too!

No comments: