Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hooray for Holiday World!

There are a few perks to Tony writing websites as a side job - one of them is media freebies. He managed to get his hands on free Holiday World tickets a while back, and we'd been waiting for a day we could all go. This Saturday worked out well, and we were even able to get his sister, her fiance, Matt, and Matt's son, Hunter, to go with us. For the first time since June, the weather was gorgeous with high of maybe 75. There was a great breeze blowing and we couldn't have asked for a better day. I snapped zillions of pictures, so I'm just sharing a bunch with a few comments. Sorry if it's pretty full of Sophie - I was amazed at the difference just three months makes. When we came in June, she had very little interest in the rides (of course, it was about 200 degrees outside). This time, she wanted to be part of everything we did.

Here is the traditional pic - I think I have one of these from every summer of my life!

Erin, Matt and Hunter

We took this shot for my mother-in-law!

Yea for cousins!

I have an identical picture of myself - if I can find it, I'll scan it and share




This was only her second ride - before she realized she loved them and started yelling "again!"

Tony, Hunter and Matt on the Raven

The Scrambler - an old favorite of Erin and me - with Aidan's little head in the middle

So, the teenager working this ride let the boys talk him into riding together. All the way around, Aidan was hollering, "We're sinking!" (and I think they were!)

To appreciate this picture, you have to understand that Sophie's all-time favorite snack is goldfish crackers. When she saw this ride, she started yelling, "feesh! feesh!". She's actually loving on the fish she's riding.


Naptime - she slept through lunch




Sophie was so excited about the carousel - she picked out the tiger herself and when we were finished she didn't want to get off.




No license for her until she's 25. She wouldn't let me touch the wheel!

Mmm...a stop in Mrs. Claus' Candy Kitchen. The boys all had fudge cones. I even got to have a treat, as Mrs. Claus now makes sucrose free fudge!
We had a wonderful day and stayed until the park closed. Unfortunately, both Sophie and I either ate something strange or caught a 24-hour bug because we spent the night and morning feeling puny. But by this afternoon, we were in good enough shape to accompany Tony and the boys to the Boy Scout Raingutter Regatta. It's a very cute event where the cub scouts build boats and race them by blowing through a straw. There's even a sibling division that Aidan entered.

Neither of my boys won, but we had fun at the park and a yummy pitch-in dinner. I also got to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile, which made the afternoon worthwhile in and of itself. Now we're preparing for another week of school, finished by the first day of my favorite month - October is on the way!!!!!

No comments: