Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Andrew!

Despite the myraid of things to do, we actually had a very enjoyable weekend. Friday evening, Aidan, Sophie and I dropped Andrew off with his scout troop, went to Kroger to get supplies for the weekend, and then went home and proceeded to bake some awesome Halloween cookies.

Aidan and I put Sophie to bed and then watched a couple of movies before falling asleep. I never sleep well when Tony's not home, but I know I slept better than Tony and Andrew. The temperatures dipped into the 30s, which is not tent weather when you're not a seasoned camper.

Saturday morning, Aidan, Sophie and I ran errands with my mom- including a stop at Schimpff's for chocolate, Toys R Us for a "Chuggington" event, and lunch at McDonald's. I even managed to get both kiddos to nap for a couple hours. (And napped briefly myself!)

Aidan was invited to a birthday party Saturday afternoon and one of his friends was riding with us. While we were waiting for his buddy Owen to arrive, I took some shots outside in the beautiful fall weather.

Sophie loves "pungins"

I think this shot is so handsome - my baby boy!
The birthday party was at an indoor soccer facility. I had never been there and I was very impressed. The kids had a wonderful time. We had a surprise visitor at the party - Tony showed up all dirty in his scout uniform with my cousin Jason. Apparently they had been packing the car when Tony locked his keys in the trunk. Tony and Jason left the boys with the scout leader and came to get my spare set. They hadn't been able to get me on the phone, but several of the dads at camp also had wives at this party - so they knew where to find us!
Aidan, Sophie and I beat the campers home by a couple of hours. Andrew was wiped out when he arrived. It sounds as though they had a great time, except that the batteries on the camera I sent with Tony were bad. If I ever get my hands on some pictures, I'll share.

Sunday morning after church, the boys had a football game. Although it was just the Bears and not the Colts, this picture is priceless:
After the ball game, the boys and Tony stayed for tailgating picnic while Mom, Dad and I came home to put Sophie down for her nap. Andrew's birthday party with his friends is on Saturday, but I think it's important for the kids to celebrate their birthday on or near the actual date with a cake at home. Some years it's just been a muffin with a candle for breakfast! We invited the grandparents over as well. Andrew is almost as tall as his great grandma!

Happy Birthday!

Eating neatly...

Touchdown, Daddy! Gimme a kiss!
This evening I had class, and when I arrived home there was a package in the mail. Aunt Connie sent both boys' gifts, and went on and let them both open their packages.

Aidan's shirt is absolutely perfect for his attitude! I can't believe Andrew is seven already. He is such a thoughtful, sensitive kid. He loves to be active and gives 110% in every sport he tries. He is an excellent student and works hard. We are so proud of him!

No comments: