Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Girls' Day Out

Sophie and I had a girls' day today. My babysitter needed the day off, so I took a personal day to stay home with Sophie. Always wanting to make good use of my time, I scheduled pictures and her first haircut today while I didn't have the boys to mess with. Mom met me to help with the pictures at Sears. We wanted Sophie's pictures taken in two dresses - one that belonged to me and one that belonged to both my mom and me. You can view them here.

After pictures we stopped for lunch at Adrienne's, a local deli/bakery. The food was yummy, especially the big strawberry cupcake we shared. Sophie loved her own "white" cupcake.




After lunch, we headed to The Springs for Sophie's "first" haircut. She actually had her first cut in Disney World at 9 months, but there wasn't much to cut. Today, my stylist Heather trimmed up her split ends and evened her edges out. You mostly can't tell, but I think it looks a lot healthier and not so straggled. Here's her hair before:
Getting her hair cut by Heather:
And, the finished product with her pretty "updo". (AKA the ponytail)
Sophie and I headed home, took naps, did some laundry and dishes and then went to get the boys from school. She was so excited to see them and show off her hair and her nails (which I painted this morning). Although I had tons I needed to do at school, I have to admit it was nice to have a day with just Miss Sophie!

No comments: