Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sophie!

Today is Sophie's third birthday...I'm not sure where the time has gone! It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing her home in the middle of the ice storm. Here's the big three year old, complete with her glued head - I can't wait until that thing heals completely!
We started our day just like we do all the kids' birthdays - a trip to Williams' Bakery for donuts. We also got cookies for her to share with her friends at the babysitter. After school, we came home and had a "mini" birthday celebration. We're going to have cake and presents on Sunday since Tony and I had a Godspell performance tonight. So, for her actual birthday Sophie got a Hostess cupcake. This tradition goes way back - my best friend and I always brought each other Hostess cupcakes and a candle to school for lunch on our birthdays. So of course I'm teaching Sophie early!


Now that Sophie's three, she's looking forward to lots of things. For starters, she's getting a canopy bed on Sunday. She can't wait for her "princess bed". We also signed her up for tball - she'd like a pink glove, bat, helmet, etc. She's looking forward to starting preschool next year. I preregistered her just the other day.

Sophie loves all thing princess, and anything Wizard of Oz. She loves to sing and dance - but only at home. She suddenly clams up in front of others. She knows every word to the songs of Annie, Wizard of Oz, and Godspell. She throws a tremendous toddler tantrum and tells me I'm mean, and then two minutes later pats my back and tells me I'm her best friend. She loves animals and is our only child who truly loves our dog. She is hardheaded but adores her brothers. She prefers to eat only peanut butter or chicken. She wants to dress up, but hates having her hair brushed. She only drinks chocolate milk and koolaid. She has a tremendous imagination and loves to play.

Happy Birthday, Sophie! We love you!

No comments: