Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sophie's birthday and other odds and ends

Today started Biddy Ball at St. Anthony. Thankfully, the first and second grade play together so we have respite, at least for one season. Andrew, Aidan, and Hunter are all on the same team. Andrew was excited that they started with a jump ball. And, being the Shaq of the second grade, he got to jump for it.

Aidan was just excited to find that his wrist band matched his buddy's on the other team, meaning they got to guard each other.
After basketball, we headed home for Sophie's nap. It was her last "sleep" in the day bed. We're going to sell it at the yard sale. Sigh. It was mine all through my teens and until I got married, so it's a little sad. But, I LOVE the canopy in her room.
Sophie got a birthday package in the mail yesterday. She was thrilled with her "real" tea set.
I baked Sophie's cake today. She wanted a Belle (Beauty and the Beast) cake. I found one on Pinterest that I liked, but my cake pans didn't exactly measure the way I wanted. I wanted a little more height in the middle, but both cake pans ended up the same size. And, they didn't rise as well as I was hoping. I do like the dipped ice cream cones as turrets, though. Oh well, it's the thought that counts and Sophie loved it.

Sophie got lots of nice things from our families for her birthday. Mostly, she got tee ball equipment. She's now the proud owner of a pink bat, mitt, and batting gloves and some cash to go buy a helmet. She also got a pretty wooden doll cradle and an IU cheer uniform. I gave her some of my doll furniture from when I was little, too. Also, the bow holder I made was a gift from me and the new bedding for the canopy was from my mom and dad. The ginormous castle balloon was courtesy of Aunt Erin and Uncle Matt.

I love her face looking at the cake I made. I wasn't thrilled with it, but she thought it was awesome and that made my day. I wish she'd always be this easy to please!



Although she talked a good game about sleeping in her princess bed, just a few minutes ago we found her in Andrew's bed again. Whenever she gets scared (of what, I don't know) she runs to bubby's bed. This is how we found her. I swear, it's not posed. Sound asleep, sunglasses on.Happy third birthday, baby girl!

No comments: