Sunday, February 6, 2011

A little of this and that...

We like to start instilling Hoosier pride in our children early. Sophie was all dressed up to watch Wednesday night's game - too bad they didn't win!

Tony finds it hysterical that Sophie cheers by saying "Go, Caillou, fight, fight, fight!" instead of "IU". (Caillou happens to be her favorite show on PBS Sprout.)



This week was Catholic Schools Week at school. My birthday always falls during Catholic Schools Week, which is fitting, I guess, considering how strongly I believe in Catholic Schools. We celebrated Friday evening, but I was already starting to catch the cold that has lasted me all weekend. I spent most of the weekend on the couch. Tony made a cake for me. It was actually very good!
Today, we finally tried out Aidan's pottery wheel. It was kind of a disappointment, actually. It didn't really do what it was supposed to do when you turned it on. But Aidan made a mug, anyway. We'll see how the clay dries.
We're looking at more snow this week. I'm very tired of it and can't wait for spring. I'm tired of everyone being sick and I'm tired of coats, boots and gloves. We need lots of prayers this week - Tony is interviewing for a job that could be very good for us. After several less than satisfying jobs, and more recently car troubles and water heater troubles, we could use a little break. So any extra prayers would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: