Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The final days of summer

Well, summer vacation is finally coming to a end. I head back for meetings tomorrow and the boys start school next Tuesday. After all we've done this summer, Aidan's favorite accomplishment is having grown the 1/2 inch and gained the 4 pounds it took to get him into a big boy booster seat. He's told everyone he's met this week. I took the boys to get their back-to-school haircuts today. Don't they look handsome?

At our church picnic, my mom won a year's worth of Tae Kwon Do classes for Andrew. I took both the boys to try it out Friday, and they went for their first class today. Andrew loves it, and I'm impressed by how well Aidan is doing. They're learning self-control, discipline, manners - I might have to start teaching Tae Kwon Do to my first graders. Today both boys "earned" their white belts by showing the instructor three basic positions. They are so proud, and I'm really proud of them! I promised Aidan that if stuck it out the rest of the week, we'd get his uniform on Thursday.


No comments: