Monday, July 13, 2009

Anniversaries and Birthdays and Baby Showers, Oh My!

Just when I think our schedules can't get any more packed, a weekend like this past one comes along. However, this weekend was jam-packed with things I was looking forward to! Saturday, I went to a baby shower for my friend from high school, Jessica. I am so excited for her - she's going to be a great mommy! I took Sophie with me. This is a picture of her with my best friend, Shannon, who apparently has tasty fingers. It was a great to get caught up with some people I hadn't seen in ages.
Saturday evening, we went to a birthday party for our neighbor, Lina, who was turning one. Her mom manages the Clarksville pool and rented it for the party, so we had it all to ourselves for the night. Talk about fun! It's made even better by the fact that Lina and her brother are cousins to some friends of my boys. Here's the boys playing in the ice that was meant to keep the drinks cold.
Lina enjoyed her birthday cake!
Sophie actually swam and played for a LONG time, but about a half-hour before the end of the party, she gave up.
I don't usually let Andrew go down the slide by himself because it's normally packed with big kids. But since the only people swimming were Tony, me and the kids, and maybe 10 others, I let him have free rein. He felt like such a big shot!
Even Aidan got to slide. He misses the cutoff by about an inch, but again - since we were the only ones there, he was allowed to go.
Sunday was our 7th wedding anniversary. After church, we went out to Corydon for St. Joe's picnic. They have the best chicken dinner around. Even though it was hot, Miss Sophie looked like a million dollars and enjoyed her carrots and rice cereal in the shade.
Andrew and Aidan both won sunglasses from the duck pond and sported them for a picture:
Sunday evening, Tony's mom took us out to dinner for our anniversary, and then babysat so Tony and I could go see Singing in the Rain. It was a fabulous weekend!

Today is Tony's (31st) birthday. The boys helped me make him a cake this afternoon, and we celebrated after the church meeting I had to attend. The reason the candles look funny is because I discovered we didn't have a "1" and I had to improvise!

I have not enjoyed myself this much in a long time!

No comments: