Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sophie at Six Months



Miss Sophie turned six months old on Sunday. We went to her check up yesterday, and she weighed in at 16.1 lbs and 26.5 inches. That puts her in the 60th percentile for weight and 75th for height. She also had to get shots, and even though she was a trooper, she still has knots and bruises on her chubby little legs. Here are some of Sophie's milestones to date:
1. Sophie can hold her bottle on her own, but would prefer someone do it for her. She also likes baby food but is not too fond of cereal.
2. Sophie can sit up by herself, as long as the boys aren't around. She gets so excited she topples right over. Her preferred mode of travel is rolling until she gets to the hardwood, and then making herself slide.
3. Sophie has a baby doll that she loves. She also loves her exercise saucers that bounces - she get so tickled when she jumps!
4. Sophie hates to go to sleep. She never wants to give up and will cry for hours before finally giving up.
5. Sophie loves jewelry, and as my daughter she's already partial to silver and diamonds. She will only grab two of my necklaces - the "Sophie" charm that Aunt Connie gave me and my circle diamond pendant.

Sophie absolutely adores her brothers, and I often hear her giggling as we're driving down the road. Since she's rear-facing, the boys make faces at her while we're out.
This week, the boys have been going to "Camp Create It" at the Jeffersonville Library. For a little over an hour each day, they read stories and do crafts. The theme on Monday was dinosaurs. Today was all about bubbles, and they got to play with bubbles on the terrace. Tomorrow, their last day, is about frogs.
After camp, I decided to take the boys to Waterfront Park. It's forecasted to rain the rest of the week, so I wanted to squeeze out another summer experience before we ran out of days. I treated them to Happy Meals, and then they ran around the park for awhile.



I have to share a picture I took this afternoon that is a glimpse into Sophie's future personality. I use a twin bed in Sophie's room as a changing table, and I usually end up laying the extra pacifiers next to the basket of diapers. Sophie usually flails around while she's being changed until she can get her hands on one. Today, she had one pacifier attached to her shirt with a clip. While I was throwing away the diaper, she managed to grab three more and pull them to her face. She is beaming like she's quite proud of herself!

No comments: