Friday, June 25, 2010
The end of HGS
Thursday at HGS is our general election. Immediately after lunch, we begin swearing in our officials so that they can get to work. Here are the eight wonderful ladies who worked for me all week, along with two Indiana American Legion Auxiliary Past Department Presidents after our county inauguration.
The directors and government staff always take a picture together before flag retreat and the announcement of state election results. These ladies are, hands down, some of my very best friends.
At the inauguration of our state officials, Dr. Tony Bennett, Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state, addressed the girls and swore in the state elected officials, the Senate, and the House.
After the inauguration, we stuck around to help carry everything back over to the dorms. Here are our county poppy wreaths, modeled as though we were Kentucky Derby winners.
I was invited to attend a toga party on one of my floors. I usually don't have time to "play", but this year my counselors and I all decided to dress up and be party crashers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment