Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010!

This year, Thanksgiving for my side of the family was at my mom's. I did my share of the cooking on Wednesday evening, so we actually got to sleep in a little on Thursday morning. We got up and Tony made me coffee in the French press (which I highly recommend!) while I deviled the eggs. We watched the Macy's parade, which Sophie loved. She just couldn't contain her excitement over everything on tv. She was also walking around saying, "gobble gobble" and "happy giving!". While Tony and I were getting ready, Sophie caused more mischief in my family room. She found a ballpoint pen someplace and drew all over my couch and the floor. We were in a hurry, so we just left it and I cleaned it when we got home. I used hairspray to get out the ink, and fabric cleaner to get out the hairspray. The stain is gone, but the couch has an interesting feel to it now.

We still managed to make it to Mom's on time and had a great lunch with my extended family. The kids enjoyed playing with cousins, and it was nice that my aunt and uncle were still in town from Georgia because of the wedding last weekend.
Sophie ate all kinds of foods last Thanksgiving, but didn't really remember it. She's a super eater, but she knows what she likes. Her eyes lit up when I sat her plate in front of her. She love "tatoes" (potatoes) "ronies" (mac and cheese) "bed" (bread) and her favorite is "punkie pie".
Of course, Andrew doesn't have to be told to eat twice!After lunch at my mom's, we headed home. Tony's sister, Erin and her husband, Matt went to Florida to be with his family. Tony's mom offered to cook the turkey and stuffing and bring it to our house if we'd make the other sides. I actually was able to get my good china out, and the boys even ate off of it without damage. I used some of my grandmothers' dishes to serve from. The table looked so pretty - it was nice to entertain!
No wine glasses for the boys...and no china plate for Sophie!


Tony got to carve the turkey, even though he didn't roast it.

Aidan requested a turkey leg and ate the whole thing.
Fr. Paul is home from D.C. for the holidays and hung out with Tony and I for awhile Wednesday evening. He stopped back by on Thursday briefly. Here are two very stuffed gentlemen and one tenacious little girl.
We have so much that we are thankful for this Thanksgiving!

No comments: