Sunday, November 7, 2010

Playing Dress-Up

This morning as I was hurrying to get ready for church, I came to the realization that I have way too many shoes. I decided to leave them where they were dumped and clean them out when we got home. Of course, I can't do anything at my house without "help", and this was right up Sophie's alley. She adores shoes, hats, purses - anything girlie. She plopped herself down in the middle of my mess and started telling me about the "Oh! pitty" (pretty) shoes.
After she got tired of my shoe sorting, she decided to play dress up with the other stuff we were finding in my closet. She had my hat, some old prom gloves, and my good black heels.

To cap off our day of dress up, Sophie and I are spending the week playing salon. Erin and Matt's wedding is Saturday and since we're staying the night before in Fort Knox I'm going to do my own hair and Sophie's. I did my own up-dos when I did a couple of pageants, but my hair has been pretty short for some time, so I'm out of practice. Tonight, Sophie's sleeping with sponge rollers for the first time. I remember sitting for loooong periods of time while my mom put rollers in my hair, so it was kind of fun to do Sophie's for the first time!
This is going to be a crazy busy week, but I'll have lots of beautiful pictures of Erin, Matt and the rest of our family by next Sunday!

No comments: