Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Martial Arts and Mischief

Today Andrew's TKD instructor, Mr. Haynes, came to school for a demonstration. He does an awesome job with our students. He teaches them the seven tenets of TKD - loyalty, courtesy, perseverance, self-control, integrity, humilty and courage. He also ties it in to Christianity when he comes to our school. Whenever he's speaking to a group that has one of his students in it, they get to demonstrate. Andrew got to show his form and break two boards in front of his classmates. I'm hoping this will be a good self-esteem builder for him.This evening was rare in that we were all home by 6:00. I fixed a real dinner on the stove, while Sophie played in a box from school. She was quite proud of herself.
When the boys were little, they were relatively good. Sure, they threw fits and talked back like any good toddler, but overall they caused very little trouble. Sophie, on the other hand, is a first class sneak and mischief causer. The boys would play with their own toys and leave my stuff alone. Not Sophie - I have to keep all the doors in the house closed. She steals my jewelry from my nightstand, plays in the toilet, sneaks pacifiers out of her bed, gets in the dog cage, plays in the toilet, steals things from the boys and runs, throws things in the trash...you get the general idea. Today could have been the icing on the cake thus far. After dinner, I did the dishes while Tony put Sophie in the bath tub. When she was finished and dressed, Sophie got sent to play while Aidan got in the bath. He is capable of bathing himself, so we usually leave to play for awhile. I was still cleaning tonight when Aidan started yelling for Tony. He went in to see what was wrong. Apparently Sophie had circled through the living room (our house makes a big circle) and back into the bathroom. This is what Tony and I discovered when we got there:





Yup, fully clothed. If you can't understand what she's trying to say, she was telling me that she wanted a bath "again".

I am concerned about her teenage years!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

She's so cute! Must be a 3rd child thing. Ava is my troublemaker too. Throws things in the toilet, climbs on everything, gets in my make up and any cabinet/drawer she can, locks herself into bathroom, climbs out of her crib, takes clothes and diaper off, the list goes on and on.