Thanks to our perseverance throughout the winter, we are one of very few schools who have 0 - none - nada - zero - snow days to make up. Because of that, we got to have today (Easter Monday) as an off day! I had a busy day planned for the kids and I. We cleaned up all the Easter mess. I don't usually do this the very next day, but Sophie kept snitching chocolate and running away to eat it. So we put it all in a bowl up high and vacuumed up all that stupid grass. Then we headed to the downtown New Albany YMCA. That's not our normal Y, but I wanted the kids to climb the flood wall and see the river flooding. It is absolutely amazing in a sad way. So many people are losing property and houses because of this and the rain is not forecast to stop for days.
Here's the ampitheatre with water up to the stage:

The kids thought the water-logged playground was funny. Sophie wanted to go play.

Aidan loved that the bathrooms were underwater. I'm not sure what it is about boys and bathroom humor.

Both the boys loved the lightposts under water.

We've got lots more severe weather and rain coming in the next two days. Send some prayers our way that we don't blow away or float away between now and Wednesday. I hope that I don't have any more pictures to post of damage.
We also dodged raindrops to get Easter pictures taken today. They turned out really cute and I'll share them when Sears sends me the link.
No comments:
Post a Comment